Re: why we should learn creationism...NOT

christy@rschp2.anu.edu.au (Andrew Christy) wrote:

>WARNING: If you're expecting any astronomy in this post, you'll be unlucky.
>What I hope you will find is a rebuttal of yet more creationist ranting,
>with an instruction to take the discussion elsewhere.

  No. It's certainly not astronomy OR SCIENCE. It's a fanatical religious
  debate! But I note one very nice point you have made.

>Evolutionary theory does not apply itself to the ultimate origins of life.
>Only to the development of life once it was up and running.

  But of course we have the big bang for that.

>In any case, *no* assumption is made about there being one unique origin.
>In all probability, self-replicating systems arose several times over a
>period of a few million, or tens of million, or hundreds of million
>years between ca. 4.5 billion years ago and 3.5 billion years ago. Those
>that could replicate most effectively outcompeted the other variants for raw
>materials to the point where the survivors shared a good few pieces of
>optimal design.

  Yes, Yes, Yes... There was nothing, then there was a big bang which
  created [automatically and magically with the help of negative
  enthropy!] everything we see around us.

  This "magic" occurrence has no parallel within our experience. It
  happened once [or maybe several times] but it doesn't happen any more.
  Nor does it happen on a smaller scale so we could see it. It's also too
  big to test in our laboratories...

  It's faith gentlemen, blind faith. It's the only thing you have to
  express some vaguely plausible concept to explain away God. You have no
  proof, you have no experimental evidence, and you can't even agree on
  the theory yet it is being taught as a fact in our schools...

(madhudvisa@krishna.org)     /sudarsana

All glories to His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada!