An All-Lovng God?

parlea@stanilite.com.au (ENG) wrote:

>madhudvisa@krishna.org (Madhudvisa dasa       ) writes:

>>  Some people, due to their good karma, do indeed enjoy happy lives here
>>  while others, due to their bad karma, suffer like anything. THIS IS NOT
>>  GOD's PARTIALITY. It is the result of OUR actions in the past. God
>>  doesn't kill children in a bomb. Those children did something in their
>>  previous lives so as a reaction they had to be killed in the bomb
>>  blast. It's a result of their own activities...

>I _hope_ this is not a fair presentation of someone's religious views,
>but if it is...

  It's got nothing to do with religious views, it's a fact. We are
  responsible for our own activities, there are universal laws, and if we
  break the universal laws the result is suffering... It's just the way
  it is.

>Don't feel compassion for these children or their grieving parents,
>it is perfectly just and all their own fault.

  If you read the other article I posted in this thread today you will
  see that we do indeed have great compassion for everyone suffering in
  the material world.

>Don't give charity to the poor because Divine Justice meant those people
>to be poor. Vote against laws to give welfare, etc: these go against
>Divine Justice.

  God, or the "Divine Justace" doesn't want people to suffer. They have
  brought the suffering on themselves. We can't remove their suffering by
  the methods you have mentioned but we can give them spiritual
  knowlledge to solve the real problem.. << I don't know how to explain
  these things to an atheist really... it's a bit difficult! >>

>Don't be the Samaritan stopping to help an injured stranger - Divine
>Justice meant them to suffer.

  You are blaming the wrong thing. We bring the suffering upon ourselves
  by our own activities. It's our fault. And spiritual knowledge is the
  way to stop the suffering...

>Don't try to work hard to make a better life for yourself or your family,
>because what happens to you and them is only are result of the sins
>they committed in a previous life.

  Yes, you're right. We work so hard... But it's good for the economy!

  BTW it's not only the sins from your past, but the good things as well.
  Your past sins bring you suffering now and you enjoy as a result of
  your past pious activities.

  All the things you have mentioned here are pious activities and they
  generate "good karma" so they are all auspicious. But ultimately we
  have to get to the heart of the problem and solve that.

>Feel free to perform acts of criminal malice or negligence, because if
>anyone is hurt by your act, it is because they deserve it - Divine Justice
>says so.

  No you haven't understood it at all... "What you sow so shall you reap"
  so if you hurt others you will have to be hurt in the future...

>Say No! to Divine Justice and Yes! to human compassion.

  You have no choice in this matter... It's completely out of your hands.

>Thank god I'm an atheist.

  At least you believe in God, that's a start!

  Chant Hare Krishna and be happy!

  Madhudvisa dasa       .

(madhudvisa@krishna.org)     /sudarsana

All glories to His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada!