Are Weeds and Virouses Conscious?

damir@mindspring.com (Damir Smitlener) wrote:

>In article <3q7bom$g8d@dingo.cc.uq.oz.au>, madhudvisa@krishna.org
>(Madhudvisa dasa       ) wrote:

>> huston@access2.digex.net (Herb Huston) wrote:

>[...snip...]

>> >Any animal will struggle to protect itself
>> >       from a threat of death.
>>
>>   But animals are conscious. We are also conscious. It is the consciousness
>>   that is struggling to survive not the chemicals. Your bottles of
>>   chemicals don't struggle for existence..

>Viruses also struggle for existence...are you suggesting that they have
>consciousness as well? What about plants? Ever weeded a garden? Weeds
>struggle like hell for survival - do they have consciousness? If not, then
>what exactly is struggling for survival?

  Yes. Weeds and viruses also have consciousness. It is much more covered
  than our consciousness, but it is there. According to the Padma Purana
  there are 8,400,000 species of life spread throughout the universe from
  the smallest germ to the most important person, Lord Brahma. All the
  souls are at a particular point in their "evolution of consciousness".

  The souls in the animal and plant bodies are gradually evolving from one
  species to the next until ultimately they reach the human platform. Up
  to this point their promotion is automatic, as plants, animals, and
  viruses don't have any real independence. They are working on the base
  animal instincts of eating, sex, sleeping and defense. In the case of
  plants and virouses their consciousness may not even be sufficiently
  evolved to perform all these activities. So in the animal and plant
  form their is no "sin", because there is no free choice, no
  independence. But the human form of life is special. When we come to
  human consciousness we have a certain amount of free will and a certain
  amount of independence. With this independence comes responsibility. We
  are responsible for our actions in the human form of life..

  Thank you. Hare Krishna.

  Madhudvisa dasa       .

(madhudvisa@krishna.org)     /sudarsana

All glories to His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada!