Re: The Flat Earth?

madhudvisa@krishna.org (Madhudvisa) writes:

>>   As for diametrically opposite points, remember for this exercise we
>>   are talking about a flat plate not a sphere. For our model to find
>>   the diametrically opposite point you start at the original point
>>   and travel through the centre (which we are now taking as the North
>>   Pole) for the distance of the radius of the circle. If it is midday
>>   at our original point it will be midnight at the opposite point. So
>>   now we have opposite points for everything except the North Pole --
>>   the opposite point is not a point but it is the circumference of
>>   the circle.
>       [snip]
>>   to flatten out the Northern Hemisphere and just let the Southern
>>   bits stick out over the edges.. ie: South Africa and South America
>>   just stick out as we have observed them and you put Australia out
>>   there somewhere, throw in a few little islands and you've got it.

This was an exercise in lateral thinking... I thought everyone understood that by
now. After all the original posting did start with "Just imagine..." (the original
article is so old... you must have a serious problem with your newsfeed! :-)

(madhudvisa@krishna.org)     /sudarsana

All glories to His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada!