Re: Who is RESPONSIBLE for religion?

chrislee@netcom.com (Christopher A. Lee) wrote:

>In article <3r4d2j$2if@news4.primenet.com> travel1@primenet.com (John Renolds) writes:

>>: And if there is no Apollo, then whose golden chariot pulls the sun accross
>>: the sky? What's your point?

>Maybe you can't and maybe you can.  We certainly can tell alot about the
>watchface

  Yes. You've missed the point. It tells you _ABSOLUTELY_NOTHING_ about
  the mechanism inside the case. It could be mechanical, it might be
  electronic, perhaps it uses a quarts crystal.
  _YOU_CAN'T_TELL_BY_LOOKING_AT_THE_WATCHFACE.

  You can study the watchface in great detail, of course. You can
  determine if it's covered by glass or plastic, whether there is
  phosperesent dots on it or not and you can speculate as to their
  composition.

  BUT_YOU_CAN_HAVE_NO_INFORMATION_ABOUT_THE_MECHINISM_WHICH_MOVES_THE_HANDS!

>and use that to our benefit.  We certainly would hope that gives us
>insights to what lies behind (if anything).

  Of course you assume there is nothing behind the watchface, that the
  hands just move "all by themselves".... And that the wach was formed as
  a result of a big bang which came from nowhere, was caused by noone and
  somehow magically formed the watchface. Sounds reasonable?

>>  "Yet there is another nature, which is eternal and is transcendental to
>>  this manifested and unmanifested matter. It is supreme and is never
>>  annihilated. When all in this world is annihilated, that part remains
>>  as it is." (Bhagavad-gita 8.20)

>The important point is the assumption that something lies behind.  Why should
>we assume this if it doesn't manifest itself?

  It's not an assumption, it's the absolute truth. What is beyond this
  universe is _COMPLETLY_ beyond our power to see. We have to find an
  authority for this information. The best authority is the Supreme
  Personality of Godhead Krishna and He has very nicely given us the
  above statement of _ABSOLUTE_SCIENTIFIC_FACT_... You can't disprove it
  can you?

(sorry it's a bit of a diversion but I couldn't help it :-)

(madhudvisa@krishna.org)     /sudarsana

All glories to His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada!