Re: Real education

sandfly@zilker.net (Ray Hanson) wrote:

>Agreed!  I found this out in graduate school, when I took a couple of
>undergraduate courses.  I was appalled at the quality of the undergrad
>students in those classes, and they had *all*, presumably, gone through
>the college preparatory sequence in their high schools!

It's because instead of studying and learning in high school they're too busy
chasing girls/boys and taking drugs. Their minds are not at all on the academic
subject matter at all.

Education and lax moral principals do not go well
together...

>>  All this at great expense also.  At $5000. per year for 13yrs.=$65000.

>>per student.
>>
>I have no reason to doubt your figures.  We undoubtedly get less bang for
>a buck in our educational system than any other so-called advanced nation
>in the world.  Cheers.

You can't educate anyone if their mind is not fixed on the subject matter... And
the whole energy in the States (and almost everywhere else now) it to agitate
peoples minds to consume more, to have more sex, to take more drugs... You can't
expect very intelligent, well educated people to come out of the education system.
You can only get drug-addicted sex-crazed fools. Not much to build the future of
the country on...

                          raja-vidya raja-guhyam
                           pavitram idam uttamam
                        pratyaksavagamam dharmyam
                          su-sukham kartum avyayam

"This knowledge is the king of education, the most secret of all
secrets. It is the purest knowledge, and because it gives direct
perception of the self by realization, it is the perfection of religion.
It is everlasting, and it is joyfully performed." (Bhagavad-gita 9.2)

Thank you.. Chant Hare Krishna and be Happy!

(madhudvisa@krishna.org)     /sudarsana

All glories to His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada!