Re: Why is it so?

bp007@un.seqeb.gov.au ( BENJAMIN PETERS) wrote:

>How come all of my friends who believe that astrology is more than just a
>way of draining cash from the gullible, are the ones who seem to have the
>most emotional problems, the most financial problems, and the most problems
>with their self-esteem.

Of course this may be very true in many cases. Astrology is a very advanced scientific process but much
of the scientific knowledge is not known by most of the western "astrologers".
There are many cheaters who pray on gullible people... It's a good business... But
it's not astrology.

Astrology works because the heavenly bodies (planets,
sun, moon and constellations of stars) have influence over certain aspects of what
happens here on earth. Your science already accepts much of what is astrology. The
day and night are caused by the sun rising and setting... That is astrology. We
act differently during the day to the night because of the relative position of
the sun and the earth. The tides in the ocean are controlled by the moon.. your
science knows that. These are clear proofs that the heavenly bodies affect what
happens here on earth.

Here is a quote from the Srimad Bhagavatam [the Bhagavat Purana] (First Canto,
12.12) one of the oldest books in the world.

         tatah sarva-gundarke sanukula-grahodaye
      jajne vamsa-dharah pandor bhuyah pandur ivaujasa

"Thereupon, when all the good signs of the zodiac gradually evolved, the heir
apparent of Pandu, who would be exactly like him in prowess, took birth."

      Purport by His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

Astronomical calculations of stellar influences upon a living being are not
suppositions, but are factual as confirmed in Srimad-Bhagavatam. Every living
being is controlled by the laws of nature at every minute, just as a citizen is
controlled by the laws of the state. The state laws are grossly observed, but the
laws of material nature, being subtle to our gross understanding, cannot be
experienced grossly.

As stated in the Bhagavad-gita (3.9), every action of life produces another
reaction [karma], which is binding upon us, and only those who are acting on
behalf of Yajna [Visnu, Krishna, God] are not bound by reactions. Our actions are
judged by higher authorities, the agents of the Lord, and thus we are awarded
bodies according to our activities. The law of nature is so subtle that every part
of our body is influenced by the respective stars, and a living being obtains his
working body to fulfill his terms of imprisonment by the manipulation of such
astronomical influence.

A man's destiny is therefore ascertained by the birthtime constellation of stars,
and a factual horoscope is made by a learned astrologer. It is a great science,
and misuse of a science does not make it useless...

>I do not believe in astrology.  I do not believe in God.  I do not believe
>in any form of a god.  I do not believe that aliens have visited the Earth.
>I do not believe in iridology, phrenology, re-birthing, water divining,
>acupuncture, aromatherapy, clairvoyance, telekinesis or channelling, however
>I am a very happy person, very happy with my life indeed.  IN FACT, I
>COULDN'T BE HAPPIER.  WOW, all this without the aid of a belief system?
>Believe it.

>Skeptics are the happiest people in the world.

Ignorance is bliss!  [many animals are quite happy as well...]

You may be happy now because of your "good karma"... But you are generating so
much "bad karma" now. It may not affect you immediately... but it will in the
course of time. We get what we deserve, the universal laws are there -- no one can
avoid them...

(madhudvisa@krishna.org)     /sudarsana

All glories to His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada!