Re: punk rock preaching part two

>after we assured them that everything was indeed quite vegan,
>they happily enjoyed, leaving nice un-asked-for donations.
>unfortunately, devotees have lied to these kids in the past about
>whether or not the prasadam was vegan, only to have the kids find
>the butter wrappers in the trash, rather than margarine. this is
>most unfortunate. i shouted out the ingredients to every preparation.
>because i know a lot about veganism (i was one for 8 months), they
>believed me.
>very late the first night, as we were leaving, the debates began.
>we were challenged by the punk kids. most of the challenges were
>about why we offer factory farmed milk to krsna, our views on
>homosexuality, sex in krsna consciousness, etc. punks are very
>passionate in their beliefs and it took a lot to make them
>understand our position. i really feel some stereotypes and
>misconceptions were destroyed.
>i'm so grateful that krsna allows me to do this sort of
>preaching.
>your servant, bhaktin casey

It's such nice preaching... Prashadam is so wonderful... And association with
devotees is so powerful... And everyone there was thinking abouut Krishna (Krishna
conscious!) for at least a little while.

We have to think of ways to reach all sorts of people. It is a very difficult time
but you have shown what can be done... A few matajis can do so much! Two big
preaching programs on one day!

I remember reading one quote from Srila Prabhupada where he said one devotee is
like three hundred ordinary people. I was puzzled about it for a while... then I
looked around me at all the "ordinary people"... They are all so busy with so many
things, even if they're Christians or whatever they can only find one or two hours
a week to work at it [if that]... But devotees are serving Krishna 24 hours a day
seven days a week... [of course they are taking rest sometimes, and eating
sometimes...] then I could understand what Srila Prabhupada meant!

                 All glories to your service!
                  Srila Prabhupada ki jaya!
                Prasadam distribution ki jaya!
          Transcendental book distribution ki jaya!

Your servant,

Madhudvisa dasa       .

(madhudvisa@krishna.org)     /sudarsana

All glories to His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada!