Writing Transcendental Literature

>I have just discovered this newsgroup and wish to offer my

>respects to all the assembled vaisnavas.

>David

Dear David

Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Hello. Hare Krishna!

I am just writing to say "hello".

I am just reading Sri Caitanya-caritamrta so I will put some of it in here for you

too!

[Adi-lila Chapter 8] Versr 73

"By their mercy, all these devotees ordered mt to write of the last pastimes of

Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Because of this order only, although I am shameless, I

have attempted to write this  Caitanya-caritamrta."

To write about the transcendental pastimes of the Supreme Personality of Godhead

is not an ordinary endeavor. Unless one is empowered by higher authorities or

advanced devotees, one cannot write transcendental literature, for all such

literature must be above suspicion, or, in other words it must have none of the

defects of conditioned souls, namely mistakes, illusions, cheating and imperfect

sense perceptions. The words of Krishna and the disciplic succession that carries

the orders of Krishna are actually authoritative. To be empowered to write

transcendental literature is a privilege in which a writer can take great pride.

As a humble Viasnava, Krishnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami, being thus empowered, felt

very much ashamed that it was he who was to narrate the pastimes of Lord Caitanya

Mahaprabhu.

"Having received the order of the Vaisnavas but being anxious within my heart, I

went to the temple of Madhan-mohana in Vrndavana to ask His permission also.

"When I visited the temple of Madhan-mohana, the priest, Gosani dasa was serving

the feet of the Lord, and I also prayed at the Lord's lotus feet. When I prayed to

the Lord for permission a garland from His neck immediately slipped down. As soon

as this happened the Vaisnavas there chanted "Haribol!", and the priest, Gosani

dasa, brought me the garland and put it around my neck.

"Actually Sri Caitanya-caritamrta is not my writing but it is the dictation of Sri

Madhan-mohana. My writing is like the repetition of a parrot."

Srila Prabhupada ki jaya!

Srila Krishnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami ki jaya!

Sri Caitanya-caritamrta ki jaya!

Transcendental book distribution ki jaya!

(madhudvisa@krishna.org)     /sudarsana

All glories to His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada!