Re: Sacrifice of Creation

Al-chanan wrote:

>In article rmr@franklin.cc.utas.edu.au, madhudvisa@krishna.org (Madhudvisa dasa       ) writes:

>:Al-chanan wrote:

>:                               TRANSLATION

>:	In the beginning of creation, the Lord of all creatures sent forth

>:generations of men and demigods, along with sacrifices for Visnu, and

>:blessed them by saying, ``Be thou happy by this yajna [sacrifice] because

>:its performance will bestow upon you everything desirable for living

>:happily and achieving liberation.''

>Exactly as I have said:

I enjoyed reading your article. It is very nicely presented. But the

conclusion is not so good. You are trying to say that Jesus Christ is

Krishna... Of course we accept Lord Jesus Christ as the son of God, as an

shaktavesha-avatara, an empowered  incarnation of Krishna. But he clearly

speaks of his father in heaven, that is Krishna, the Supreme Personality

of Godhead. Jesus is the son of God. He is speaking the word of God,

therefore he is not different from God and he should be worshipped as God.

But he has his father in heaven... It is a little difficult to understand.

But Jesus and Krishna are simultaneously one and different and this is

inconceivable.

Krishna Himself personally appeared only five hundred years ago in India

as Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and He established the yuga-dharma of

chanting the holy names of God. He many times stressed:

"In this age of quarrel and hypocrisy, the only means of deliverance is

the chanting of the Holy Names of the Lord. There is no other way. There

is no other way. There is no other way."

Lord Caitanya personally chanted [and instructed His followers to chant]

tha Hare Krishna maha-mantra. It is a specially potent combination of the

names of God and extremely effective in this age of Kali:

        Hare Krishna Hare Kriahna, Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

              Hare Rama Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare

But the other names of God are still potent.

As devotees of Lord Krishna we appreciate all the other devotees of Lord

Krishna like Lord Jesus Christ. But we have to follow our spiritual master

and Krishna. As you know even Lord Jesus Christ went to India, to the

temple of Lord Jagannatha to study. He was studying the same Bhagavad-gita

we are studying. He returned from India and taught the same message as is

presented in the Bhagavad-gita by Lord Krishna Himself. So his teachings

in the Bible, as you have noted, are quite compatible with the Vedic

understanding.

But we are folowing Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. We are coming in His

line of disciplic succession. We can't really mix everything up as you

have attempted to do in your presentation. It is the same knowledge in the

Bible and the Bhagavad-gita, but we are coming in Lord Sri Caitanya

Mahaprabhu's line so we follow his instructions. He instructed us to chant

Hare Krishna and to read the Srimad Bhagavatam, so we do that.

There is no need to try and force everyone else to come into your own

particular line of spiritual understanding. You are trying to bring the

Hare Krishna movement into the disciplic succession of Lord Jesus Christ,

which it is clearly not. Although we accept the teachings of Lord Jesus

Christ in the Bible, and, for that matter, the teachings presented in the

Koran, they are presented at a particular time and to a particular

audience. They contain the same message as is presented in the Vedic

scriptures but it is a different presentation. Our Scriptures are the

Bhagavad-gita, the Srimad Bhagavatam and the Sri Caitanya-caritamrta. We

follow the instructions of our spiritual master, His Divine Grace A.C.

Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. For us everything is very clear.

There is no point in making some hodge-podge mixture of Christianity and

Krishna consciousness. That is nonsense. Take to Christianity or take to

Krishna consciousness one or the other. Of course they are ultimately the

same thing, but we don't want to force all the Christians to be Hare

Krishna's, why should you want to force us to become Christians?

These designations are all nonsense. We are all servants of God. Religion

means to reestablish our relationship with God, that is all. It is a

simple thing...

"By chanting the holy name of the Supreme Lord, one comes to the stage of

love of Godhead. Then the devotee is fixed in his vow as an eternal

servant of the Lord, and he gradually becomes attached to a particular

name and form of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. As his heart melts

with ecstatic love, he laughs very loudly or cries and shouts. Sometimes

he sings and dances like a madman, for he is indifferent to public

opinion." (Srimad Bhagavatam 11.2.40)

(madhudvisa@krishna.org)      /sudarsana

All glories to His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada!