Sri Caitanya Caritamrta

Dear Lars Mulvad

HARE KRISHNA! How is everything going? I received an "automatic" address change
message for you. Does that mean you have moved to a different university?

>> it is specially good early in the morning.
>
>It's giving me a lot of energy and also a kind of peace I've never
>experienced before, and also getting early up is like having a good start
>on the day.
>
>Krsna says:
>
>              sannyasas tu maha-baho
>                duhkham aptum ayogatah
>              yoga-yukto munir brahma
>                na cirenadhigacchati
>                        (bhagavad-gita 5,6)

"Merely renouncing all activities yet not engaging in the devotional service of
the Lord cannot make one happy. But a thoughtful person engaged in devotional
service can achieve the Supreme without delay."

>Indstead of always saying or thinking: "It's a sin" or "You shouldn't do
>that" I think of Sri Krsna and, at least, try not to do things that He

>wouldn't appreciate, this gives me such an inner peace. I do not feel the
>ecstasy any longer, not at all, but I don't consider it a loss any longer
>because I've got a loot of things to do, studying chemistry etc. Perhaps
>it is best this way... to please the Lord through activities instead of
>just chanting (which is very difficult when reading a chemistry book) all
>the day which must demand a huge amount of contration.

Yes. You have to do your study. But you have to do it with the idea that you will
use that scientific knowledge to serve Krishna... We need people who are
scientifically knowledgeable to preach...

>> No. It's completly obnoxious. I used to eat it though, and thought it was
>> OK... But now just the smell of it is horrible. Once you give up eating it
>> for a while you can see what it is... horrible stinking rotting flesh...
>
>You're right but the fat is the worst thing I've ever tasted! Even as a
>child I couldn't stand it. My mother always said when I couldn't finish
>my dinner:"Leave the vegetables and eat the meat." I did the opposite:
>Left the meat and ate the vegetables because there is no fat in them and
>they just tasted better.
>I rest my case on that issue.
>

>There is no Danish cook book so I ordered an English one at the Hare
>Krishna center in Denmark, so I'm very exited to see how the food would
>be like. I'm also exited to see how my room pal will react on this food,
>sometimes he can get a little scared when I'm telling him of the vedic
>philosophy (He's from Iran and has actually felt how "religion" has
>changed his life).

Keep me informed!

BTW: I have a WWW site at http://www.peg.apc.org/~shelter If you can access the
WWW you might find something interesting there. I plan to put the old Hare Krishna
cook book on it as well in the next few weeks.

>Three days ago I skipped the cigarettes I feel good about it, even though
>I would terribly much like to have just a tiny little suck of sby.'s
>cigarette I don't. At other times I'm almost going nuts of thinking that
>I'm giving up cigarettes just to please Sri Krsna (the only time where I
>don't feel this inner peace) it's so wonderful to just trying to please Him.
>
>              Hare Krishna Hare Krishna
>              Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
>              Hare Rama Hare Rama
>              Rama Rama Hare Hare

I'm very glad to hear this. It may not be easy in the beginning but we have to
stick it out. There is really nothing else except serving Krishna...