mantra

Dear Nate

Thanks for visiting my home page and listining to the Hare Krishna maha-mantra.
That is a very efficient way to make spritual advancement, hearing the Hare
Krishna mantra chanted by a pure devotee, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta
Swami Prabhupada. I would recommend you keep hearing it and chanting it yourself
also and you will nottice your life becoming spiritualized.

The words are all names of Krishna, God. Hare refers to the pleasure potency,
Srimati Radharani, Krishna is of course Krishna -- it means "the all-attractive
person". So Krishna is a perfect name for God. It is not a sectarian name or a
Hindu name. No religous person will disagree with the defination of God as "the
all-attractive person". We are attracted by different things. If we see a
beautiful person, a strong person, a wealthy person, a very famous person, a very
intelligant person or a very renounced person we are attracted. So Krishna is the
person who has all these attractive qualities in full: all wealth, all strength,
all beauty, all knowledge and all renunciation. Rama refers to Krishna's brother
Lord Balarama. Balarama is an expansion of Krishna so He is not different from
Krishna.

So keep chanting and listening. You will have some very great realizations. I hope
to also put a real-audio track of Srila Prabhupada describing the maha-mantra on
my home page so watch out for that. He describes it so much better than I can.

Anyhow feel free to write anytime.

Chant Hare Krishna and be happy.

Madhudvisa dasa.