Medicine and stopping illness...

Dear Robert

Hello. Hare Krishna! Thanks for letting me know about your plans for a

holistic health center...

The main thing for health is regulated life, open space, fresh air,

pure vegetarian food and sunlight. I have seen many alternative

magazines and they are full of so many commercial, organic "wholistic"

medicines, but it is a business... They have turned it into a big

business, the "New Age"...

So our unregulated western life guarantees  so many health problems,

but actually that is not the real cause of the problem, it is the

apparent cause but the real cause is karma. We get sick because of the

sinful activities we perform in this life and in previous lives. So it

is the sinful activities that cause the illness. And there is no way

of stopping the illness without stopping the sinful activities. You

can see it plainly with modern medicine. They have made many great

advancements in many fields of medicine, even eliminating some

diseases completely, but if you make a study today and compare it with

say 50 years ago you will find that the percentage of sick people has

not decreased at all, there are no less suffering from disease than

there was 50 years ago. Certainly some diseases have been cured, but

because we are sinful, we still have to suffer from disease so as

medical science cures one disease nature creates another to take it's

place...

So it is the same with wholistic medicine. You can't cure the disease

without stopping the cause, the sinful activities. So if you want to

make a community, it is best to make a spiritual community that will

cure the root cause of all diseases, sinful activity. If you would

like some ideas in this regard I would suggest you read the books of

my spiritual master, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami

Prabhupada. Then you will get the idea how you can establish a

spiritual community where everyone can work in harmony for one goal,

the pleasure of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krishna. Unless we

have a common goal we can't live together peacefully -- that problem

has plagued all alternative communities I know of. I am in Australia

and we have seen many people attempt to start such communities here --

but mostly they end in arguments and politics among the occupants --

because there is no common goal. Everyone is working for themselves or

their family...

So I am not sure exactly what your plans are but I would be

interested in hearing some more about your ideas.

Thanks for the letter. Chant Hare Krishna and be happy!