Making a vow to chant Hare Krishna

Dear Bhakta Philip

Hello. Hare Krishna! Please accept my humble obeisances, all glories to Srila

Prabhupada!

Making a vow to chant at least 4 rounds a day is very good. And Ekadasi is a

special day, the effects of our chanting and devotional service on Ekadasi are

much increased so devotees generally chant extra rounds. One day you might like to

chant 64 rounds on Ekadasi. Srila Bhaktsiddhanta Saraswati Thakura, Prabhupada's

spiritual master used to say if one doesn't chant at least 64 rounds a day, he is

fallen. But Srila Prabhupada, knowing our situation in the west, has minimized it

for us. He has set the minimum at 16 rounds only. It is not much at all. I am glad

to hear you will be chanting 16 rounds within 2 months...

Chant Hare Krishna and be happy!

Your servant