Cows

Dear Marlyn,

Hello. Hare Krishna!

I remember writing to you, but because I have one of those Kali-yuga memories I
can't remember what it was about...

But you can get out of the mire of karma and become free very easily. Just chant
Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare/ Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama
Rama, Hare Hare. I know people sometimes don't believe it and they complain when I
say "chant Hare Krishna and be happy..." but it is completely true. I have
experienced it myself.

Of course there is a quality to the chanting as well. There are ten offenses and
to get the benefits quickly we have to be careful to avoid the offences, also
there is a little austerity in the beginning. Because we are so "mired in karma"
the Hare Krishna maha-mantra is not so attractive to us... We find it hard to
chant 16 rounds..

"The treasure of love of God has descended from the spiritual world of Goloka
Vrndavana, appearing in this world as the sankirtana movement of the chanting of
Lord Hari's holy names. Why am I not attracted to it? Day and night I burn from
the poison of material existence, but still I refuse to take the antidote.
(Narottama dasa Thakura)

So we have to keep chanting Hare Krishna -- even if it is hard.

Have a very Krishna conscious Christmas and New Year. Looking forward to hearing
from you again.

Chant Hare Krishna and be happy!

Madhudvisa dasa