Let there be peace for the approaching millenium

Hare Krishna!

Thanks for your feedback and suggestion to ask Krishna for strength to deal with
life and for peace in the coming millenium.

As devotees of Krishna we are not under any illusions about this material world.
Krishna Himself describes it as "dukalyam asasvatam" in the Bhagavad-gita. It
means a temporary place full of suffering. It is not at all a comfortable place
and it is completely incompatible with the nature of the soul. The soul is sat-
cit-ananda, etrnaly youthful, full of knowledge, and full of ever-increasing
bliss. That is our natural position. But when we come here to this miserable
material world we accept a body made from the gross material elements and identify
with it thinking, "I am an American man", "I am an Australian man", etc. That is
our disease, that is the cause of all our problems. But we are not the body. We
are the spirit soul within the body.

The nature of the material world is exactly opposite to the nature of the soul.
While the soul is eternally youthful the material body gets old and dies, while
the soul is full of knowledge the material body is full of ignorence, while the
soul is full of ever-increasing bliss the material body is full of anxiety...

So this material world is not our home, we are hankering for the spiritual world,
there is another world, far beyond this material world, and that is our real home.
So the many difficulties here are to remind us that we don't belong here and to
encourage us to reestablish our eternal but forgoten relationship with Krishna and

"You should understand this essential fact: material life is temporary and filled
with various kinds of miseries. Therefore carefully take shelter of the holy name
and remain always engaged in His service as your eternal occupation."
(Bhaktivinoda Thakura)

So I would be interested in your thoughts on this.

Chant Hare Krishna and be happy!

Madhudvisa dasa