Confused and Ignorant

Dear Dennis

Hello, Hare Krishna!

Sometimes things in the Vedic scriptures appear to be contradictory, but actually

they are not. Krishna creates this material world and by His will He sends us here

-- but that doesn't mean He wants to do it. He has given us a little independence.

We can choose if we want to serve Krishna or to serve Maya. But it is really not

possible to do anything except serve Krishna. So Krishna created this material

world so we can come here and "enjoy" independently. But that is not our natural

position, we are eternal -- this world is temporary, we are full of bliss -- this

world is full of anxiety, we are full of knowledge -- this world is full of

ignorance. So it is uncomfortable here. We are meant to realize that and make

advancement on the path back home, back to Godhead.

Krishna never wills us to come here to the material world. We do it ourselves.

Then "by His will" He sends us here. This is a very difficult thing for some

people to accept and it is also, as you may well know, a point which is sometimes

not agreed upon by devotees. But everything will be revealed to you if you just

follow the process. It's better to go on chanting Hare Krishna, to go on reading

Srila Prabhupada's books, without getting too bogged down on small philosophical

points that will be automatically cleared up as you make advancement.

Chant Hare Krishna and be happy!

Madhudvisa dasa