We have declared war!!

Dear Brad

Hello. Hare Krishna!

We have declared war! The whole world is full of sense gratification.

Almost nobody is serious about serving God... So when we try to

sincerely serve God there will be so much opposition. The history is

there also. Look at Lord Jesus Christ.. Crucified by his "followers"

for preaching... So we have also seen so many great devotees in India

undergo so much suffering just to preach.

The people don't like it generally -- they like to be cheated. They

want something very cheep. The traditional "born again Christians"

provide that for them with the philosophy that "Jesus died once for

your sins -- you are saved now = it doesn't matter what you do at all

now -- Jesus died for your sins." So it is a most mischievous

philosophy. Of course Jesus died for our sins, but he didn't expect us

to keep sinning knowingly after "surrendering" to him and expect to be

forgiven. That is a great offense... But many people like this sort of

philosophy. They want someone [priest or guru] to tell them it is OK

to continue with their sinful life. All they have to do is give some

money and come to Church for one hour a week... Of course all

Christians are not like this.. But there are many and it spoils the

whole thing. A follower of Jesus must naturally gradually develop all

good qualities and give up all sinful activities. That is the result

of following a saintly persons instructions.

As for my name "madhu" literally means honey, but that really has

nothing to do with my name. "Madhu" was the name of one demon and

Krishna killid the Madhu demon so Krishna is called Madhudvisa, "the

killer of the Madhu demon". I am "Madhudvisa dasa" and dasa means

servant so my name means "The servant of the killer of the Madhu

demon", so it means the servant of Krishna. That is the mood we are

trying to develop. We are not the master, Krishna is the master and we

are all His servants. That is our natural position.

I hope all is well with you now and you are settling in to your new

place [If you have moved yet]. I wish you well in your endeavor to

come closer to God and look forward to hearing from you some more.

Thanks very much for writing to me. Chant Hare Krishna and be happy!

                           Chant

        Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare

             Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare

                       and be Happy!

      madhudvisa@krishna.org         </sudarsana>

  The replies to some of my letters

  can be found at </sudarsana/archive/mail>