The Old Lady Collecting Firewood in the Forrest

cca93039@sun1.bham.ac.uk (ET Chilton) wrote:

>Madhudvisa dasa        (madhudvisa@krishna.org) wrote:
>[snip]
>:
>: Now we only have one valid theory for the creation, that God created the
>: world. So it is my humble request that religious people take strength from
>: this and resist the attempts by science to destroy the world's faith in
>: God with their baseless and illogical theories.

>: Thank you. Hare Krishna!

>: Madhudvisa dasa

>ahh I seee its all so clear now. By the way if I want to work out how far away
>a star is how do use your theory to get an answer?

We have books... The Vedas. You just read them. It's very simple.

> or perhapes I should use
>the red shift?

Yes, you can do that also... But you will never know if it is the correct
distance or not.

>When deciding which one to use what points should I take into
>consideration?

There are two ways to get knowledge. The ascending process where you try
to find out by your own observations and experiments and there is the
descending process, that means you accept the knowledge from an authority,
someone who knows. If you can find a perfect authority you can get the
perfect knowledge... The other way [using the red-shift and your
assumptions] is not very perfect... Your assumptions may well be wrong.

>	1) god wont talk to me

God will talk to anyone but you have to want to talk to Him, that's all.
But whether you would ask Him about the red-shift?

There is a nice story about an old lady who was collecting firewood in the
forest. She had collected quite a big bundle and was carrying it on her
back. Then something happened and the bundle fell on the ground. It was
very heavy and she didn't know how she would pick it up again. So she
cried out "God help me.." And God appeared saying, "Yes, you called Me.
What do you want?" So she said, "Please God could you put this bundle on
my back again..."

>	2) The big bang theory isnt perfect but at least it makes some testable
>		predictions

Yes... The red-shift and the background radiation... I know...

>	3) religious people are all mad and it would be a better world if we
>		could convice them that they are wrong.

This is an interesting statement... We could say something about
scientists. But that would not be fair. There are many intelligent and
thoughtful scientists and there are some mad ones as well. It is the same
with religous people...

>	4) how dose god(tm) explain red shift and cosmic microwave
>		background radiation

You are only so concerned about these two tiny miniscule details of the
cosmos because your big-bang seems a little consistent with them. God
explains everything... He doesn't limit Himself to the red-shift...

>	5) will I get any marks in my exam if I write 'god did it all' in answer
>		to any question?

That depends on who marks it. But you should not just say "God did it".
You should explain scientifically how God did it. For that the text book
is the Srimad Bhagavatam. Study that and you will understand the science
of God...

Chant Hare Krishna and be happy!

(madhudvisa@krishna.org)      http://www.krishna.org

Quotes from His Divine Grace A.C.Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada
(c)Bhaktivedanta Book Trust

Follow-Ups: References: