Re: Let's Be Krishnas

>Dear Madhudvisa dasa

>Thank you for your reply to my post, which was designed as an angry, inciteful
>tactic.

>However, your reply was courteous, peaceful, and well-thought-out, a testament
>to you being able to find at least some peace within your religion.

>Although I'm happy with my current beliefs, I was impressed by the measured
>way in which you replied to me.  In a world where the followers of the
>dominant religion advocate violence and hatred against their enemies, your
>message was a breath of fresh air.  Thank you.

>By the way, I don't drink, do drugs, or have sex either.  I just feel more
>comfortable living my spiritual life on my own, and not as a member of a
>religious group.

>Thanks again,
>PHIL 8)

Dear Phil,

  Thanks for your post as it gave me a chance to say something in
  alt.punk...

  We are living in a very difficult time and most so-called religious
  organizations [including the Hare Krishna's] have attracted many
  "followers" who are only there because they want to become "leaders".
  They are not interested in "following" themselves...

  So organized religion is a minefield. One has to be very careful. God
  is in everyone's heart. He doesn't confine Himself to just Christians
  or Hare Krishna's... So you can talk to Him and He will help you come
  closer to Him in your own way and in your own time.

  I'm VERY glad to hear you are not taking drugs, drinking or having sex.
  Giving up these things is very good even from the point of health, but
  more importantly if you are not drugged, intoxicated and spending all
  your time and energy looking for sex then you can do something useful
  with your life! You didn't mention if you are vegetarian, but that is
  also a very important thing if we want to advance spiritually.

  I don't know what your current beliefs are but our business is not to
  try and make a permanent happy settlement here in the material world.
  That is impossible. We will be kicked out of whatever comfortable
  arrangements we make at death. The most important thing is to elevate
  our consciousness so at the time of death we can go to the Kingdom of
  God, the spiritual world. That is our real home. We don't belong here.

  I don't know what your philosophy is or if you believe in God but in
  any case the purpose of human life is to find answers to questions like
  "Who am I?", "Why am I here?", "Why am I suffering?" and "Where will I
  go after death?". Western society at the moment doesn't encourage us to
  ask these questions which is a great pity. As a result most people are
  wasting this valuable human life.

  Thanks for your reply and I wish you the best in your spiritual search.
  I would strongly recommend you read some of the books of my spiritual
  master, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, they are
  very special.

  I'm in the process of setting up a WWW site at:

	/sudarsana

  There is something there called "Changing the Face of the Earth". You
  be interisted in it. I'd be interested in your comments on it anyhow...

  Thank you very much. Hare Krishna.

(madhudvisa@krishna.org)     /sudarsana

All glories to His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada!