Re: Liquid Beauty

mcummins@netspace.net.au (Marian Cummins) wrote:

>In article <3pscjv$5m1@dingo.cc.uq.oz.au>, madhudvisa@krishna.org says...
>>  Dear Marian,
>>     Yes... You can experience it here if you are a liberated soul. But
>>     most people are _NOT_ liberated souls so they experience asat, acit
>>     and nirananda instead... This is by far the most common experience
>>     of the material world.

>But as you say not necessary - shouldn't we be pointing the way towards this
rather than just avowing that the
>material is maya, or 'unreal' or whatever? This appears almost like censorship
or sometrhing - "lets change
>the story cos they're not going to go for the truth.... we'll present
something which _we_ deem as more
>palatable"

  There are two _DIFFERENT_ places. The material world and the spiritual
  world _BUT_ one who is self realized sees everything as spiritual. It's
  a bit difficult to explain... If someone is a liberated soul he is not
  in the material world even though he may appear to be... But there
  still is a "Material World" and a "Spiritual World".

>>  We don't reject Brahman. The Brahmajoyti is the shining rays of
>>  Krishna's body... We accept and follow everything. I'm not sure what
>>  you are getting at.

>Glad to hear that - obviously the ISKCON publication I read was misleading.

  I have not read anything misleading in Prabhupada's books...

>Shouldn't that be Brahmajyoti?

  Yes. The fingers slipped..

>>Yet there is another unmanifest nature, which is eternal and is
>>transcendental to this manifested and unmanifested matter. It is supreme
>>and is never annihilated. When all in this world is annihilated, that part
>>remains as it is. (Bhagavad-gita 8.20)

>>  You have to accept Krishna's words in the Bhagavad-gita surely Marian?

>Well, I think I already said that I may or may not treat it as 'literal' but
  here it will do :)

>My query would be in the interpretation of unmanifest - manifest
>Would you care to give your understanding of this continuum - or dichotomy...
>or indeed the very concept of manifestation?

  This verse is quite clear. It is describing two different natures. The
  material world and the spiritual world. The spiritual world is eternal,
  it is never annihilated, it "remains as it is". However this material
  world is sometimes manifested and sometimes unmanifest. In other words
  it is created, it exists for some time then it is destroyed [becomes
  unmanifest -- not really destroyed everything still exists, the energy,
  the matter but it is not "manifested"]... And after some time it is
  created again, then stays for some time, then it is destroyed...

>Because for me unmanifest would not mean never-to-be manifest, and other
aspects of the concept of
>manifestation ..... - but I'll leave you to go first...

  No. It's an eternal cycle like the seasons: summer, autumn, winter,
  spring, summer, autumn,....

>>  Hare Krishna!
  Krishna Krishna!

  Thanks..

(madhudvisa@krishna.org)     /sudarsana

All glories to His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada!