Re: A Fresh Look at the Cosmos

makaliwe@ils.nwu.edu (Hendrik Makaliwe) wrote:

>In article <3r3aai$kij@dingo.cc.uq.oz.au>, madhudvisa@krishna.org
>(Madhudvisa dasa       ) wrote:

>> The metabolism is not "spiritual". It's a machine. The body is a machine
>> and the soul is seated in the body as a driver is seated in a motorcar.

>What is the "Soul"??

It's the person... It's you!

>Try to define the soul and give some evidence that it exist.

The difficulty is you don't want to believe the soul exists and I really don't
want to get into an argument about it. The idea is perfectly logical and you can't
disprove it... You may hold another view, that's OK but you can't criticize the
idea that we have a soul becuse "you can't see it"...

You can't see it by definition. It is spiritual not material. And your eyes can
only see material things. I think you know what the soul is so I will not bother
saying more...

>> The drivr is not "killed". You can kill the body, but you can never kill
>> the soul.

>When you're dead, you're dead, man.
>Finished, soul and all.

That's your philosophy, your "faith". But you can't disprove the soul. You have
your "faith" in atheism, I have my faith in God. I know I am right and you can't
prove I am not and I'm not going to waste my time arguing about it. If you are
honest you have to at least accept the soul "theory" as one of the valid
options...

(madhudvisa@krishna.org)     /sudarsana

All glories to His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada!

Follow-Ups: References: