The Soul Inhabits the Body

>I'd like to ask a question of those who believe in a soul that
>inhabits the body.

>Have you ever heard of a prefontal lobotomy? How do you explain
>the fact that cutting away part of the brain removes many of those
>qualities that make us human?

The soul "inhabits the body". But he sees and interacts with the material world
using the machine of the body. You question is something like saying "If there is
a driver in the motor car controlling it why does it appear to be out of control
if I break the steering column?"

The driver is still there in the car, although to an outside observer the quality
of control and direction of the car, which indicate the presence of the driver,
are no longer manifest. But the driver is sitting within the car completely unable
to control it...

So if you start chopping away at someones brain they will naturally have
difficulties in expressing themselves...

(madhudvisa@krishna.org)     /sudarsana

All glories to His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada!