Re: Christian straight-edge

hong2000@aol.com (Hong2000) wrote:

>Simple outline form...

>KRISHNA:  Probably the best religion around.  I say this in a praising

>matter yet I cannot say that I truly agree with all that they say.  It IS

>a religion.  Christianity is not a religion in that it does not promote

>given regulations in order to partake in eternal life or whatever goal is

>sought.  Many think we Christians are selfish in thinking that we are the

>only truth, but I can't turn away the life God has changed for me.  I do

>believe that is the truth.

It is not reasonable to think that only one religion possesses the truth.

God didn't make so many different religions, mostly they were made by man.

Even within Christianity there are so many groups and most of them say all

the other [Christians] are wrong... I was brought up as a Catholic and we

used to say a prayer in mass about the "one true church", meaning the

Catholic church. Everyone is thinking theirs is the only way... But God is

not thinking like that. We are all rebellious sons of God and He wants to

see us all come back home, back to Godhead. He doesn't mind what we call

ourselves, He's interested in our love for Him, that's all.

(madhudvisa@krishna.org)      /sudarsana

All glories to His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada!