Published on September 14th, 2000 | by kamlesh-patel | Full size image10
The Glory of India–A New Web Site
Most people have been brainwashed with false and misleading information on the Religion, Culture and History of India. Most Hindus living in the west have very little or no knowledge about their own Religion, Culture and History. If you have children, it is your duty as a parent to educate them…
- India is one of the few countries in the World, which gained independence without using violence.
- The greatest games of all, CHESS and PLAYING CARDS originated from India.
- The Art of Meditation and Yoga originated from India.
- Martial Arts (karate and Judo) originated from India, not China.
- The World’s first University was established in Takshila, India, in 700BC. More than 10,500 students from all over the world studied more than 60 subjects. The University of Nalanda built in the 4th century BC was one of the greatest achievements of ancient India in the field of education.
- India has never invaded any country in her last 10,000 years of history.
- Everything which was either discovered or invented by the Hindus in India was cleverly denied authenticity and downplayed by those who came to rule India, the Arabs and the British.
- Sanskrit, the oldest language in the World, originated from India.
- The ancient Indian astronomers had tabulated the movement and positions of the sun, planets and the stars in space, long before Isaac Newton came up with the theory of gravity after the apple had fallen on his head.
- USA based IEEE has proved what has been a century old suspicion in the world scientific community that the pioneer of wireless communication was Prof. Jagdeesh Bose and not Marconi.
- Cleverly termed by the west as Arabic numerals simply because the Arabs brought the knowledge of India to the West after invading India. Hindsaa (numerals) in Arabic means from India.
- India was the most peaceful country on earth before the Arab invasion in the 8th Century.
- The art of Navigation was born in the river Sindh 6000 years ago. The very word Navigation is derived from the Sanskrit word NAVGATIH. The word navy is also derived from Sanskrit ‘Nou’.
- Bhaskaracharya calculated the time taken by the earth to orbit the sun hundreds of years before the astronomer Smart. Time taken by earth to orbit the sun: (5th century) 365.258756484 days.
- Ayurveda is the earliest school of medicine known to humans. Charaka, the father of medicine consolidated Ayurveda 2500 years ago. Today Ayurveda is fast regaining its rightful place in our civilization.
- Budhayana first calculated the value of “pi”, and he explained the concept of what is known as the Pythagorean Theorem. He discovered this in the 6th century long before the European mathematicians.
- Sushruta is the father of surgery. 2600 years ago he and health scientists of his time conducted complicated surgeries like cesareans, cataract, artificial limbs, fractures, urinary stones and even plastic surgery and brain surgery. Usage of anesthesia was well known in ancient India. Over 125 surgical equipment were used. Deep knowledge of anatomy, physiology, etiology, mbryology, digestion, metabolism, genetics and immunity is also found in many texts.
- India is the largest Democracy in the World.
- The greatest knowledge on Love, the Kama Sutra is the work of India.
All Hindus should feel proud of their heritage and achievements.
Whilst academic education is important for getting a good job, which will bring a good income. People fail to realize that academic knowledge is concerned with the material body. It’s all knowledge meant for fulfilling the animal instincts of the body. We come into this world with nothing and will leave the same way. We cannot take the materialist things like money, cars and houses, with us. Nor can we take the academic knowledge of this world with us. Everything in this material world is temporary. The only thing that will stay with us is our karma, our history of the good and bad actions taken in this and previous lives.
ya it’s good to hear about India
all want to think that we r proud to be Indian and we have to increase glory of it’s
well done.keep exploring such things more about Indian culture as well as its glorious past.it will help our youth in this regard.
Hi, You are right to point out the theft sustained at the hands of various demons that India had to face throughout centuries. Many of our past glories have been misappropriated by barbarians from arab countries and Europe. These civilisations have brought nothing but corruption and death to our noble and great civilisation. It is high time that we restore dharma in India and become a beacon of hope to the rest of the world once again and guard our borders against invasion, guard our minds against media corruption both through bollywood and hollywood and show a better way of living for the future of the world.Once we restore dharma, we would be able to liase with G-d once again just like our rishis and sages of the Vedas could experience and the world would become a better place once again.
THE BEST WAY TO REVIVE OUR RELIGION IS TO PREACH TRANSCENDENTAL DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE OF SRI KRISHNA TO WHOLE WORLD EQUALLY. WE SHOULD NOT BE PROUD OF OUR CULTURE OR DISREGARD OTHERS BECAUSE THERE IS ONLY ONE UNIVERSAL RELIGION – SANATAN DHARMA, ITS NEITHER HINDUISM, MUSLIM, CHRISTIAN, SIKH, ETC.
we muslims tooo love india and its rich culture…
dont neglect us..
Hare Krishna Rashed
Indian culture is the Vedas. Not Muslim culture. Muslim culture is not from India.
But you are right. Muslims love Indian culture. But that is the Vedic culture not the Muslim culture…
Chant Hare Krishna and be happy!
All Hindus (instead of all hindus it shuld be all indians) should feel proud of their heritage and achievements
yes my friend you are right
all indians should prouud on thier heritage
If all indians would have been proud if india,s past, pakistan would never have come go existance. We have forgotten our heritage and nationality. Outpr nationaity if Hindu. Hindu is no religion. Any body may worship what he or she feels like howver nationality and forefathers are never changed. Kinldy considre and guve a thought
Actually ‘Hindu’ term is bogus. ‘Hindu’ is a name given by the Muslims to the people living on the other side of the Indus river. So because the Muslims can not say the ‘I’ so well they say ‘Hindus’ so the people on the other side were called Hindus by the Muslims. So this ‘Hindu’ is a Muslim term and is not mentioned anywhere in the Vedas.
Actual Indian culture is Varnasrama-dharam. So the Hindu term should be dropped.
But now the separation between India and Pakistan has been done, of course it should not have been done, but it has been done. So now Pakistan is Muslim country, so India should be a Krishna conscious country. State religion should be Krishna Consciousness.