“Proud to be American”: Editorial on Terrorism
This morning when I awoke to my radio, a song was playing that I have heard a million and one times before. Only this time, I felt really strange as I sat there in my bed listening to it. The story that the song was forming was a guy who was proud to be an American, proud about everything the United States had done.
I struggle to find a place in the society that surrounds me. I am a rotten apple that sticks out, and stinks the box of healthy, fresh apples up. I have been put in the rotten box with the rest of the rotten apples, but somehow someone saw that I was not so rotten and moved me back.
What I mean by this little splurge of typing is that I don’t see me in this society. I hate the way that the United States is run. I hate the way that we have treated other cultures so badly. I hate the way we have an ego big enough for the universe. We, and I use that word loosely, need to step off that gold trimmed pedestal before we fall off. I can see that we are starting to wobble, and in the future, I see this wobbling turning into falling, and I see this falling turning into death, not of people, but of the country.
How many times did we invade other people’s territory? Too many for me to count. In Hawaii, We outlawed the Hawaiians to speak their own language. We forced them to learn English. It was not until recently that they are allowed to teach Hawaiian in their schools.
In Guam, we went in there after four other sets of white settlers, and we kicked them out of their own country if they did not abide by OUR laws. Laws that we made up for them to follow in their land. They did not need us for anything. So what if they did not have the money that we thought they needed. You can live just fine without any money. They did for hundreds of years before.
Another place that we have invaded, is North America. There were Native Americans that lived here for thousands of years before all the Europeans came over and destroyed their homes, their life styles, their religions, and their health. We brought over many diseases that were not here before. Thanks to us, Native Americans are almost none existent. It is not easy to find a full-blooded Native American in the United States, Canada, or even Mexico. African Americans are here now because of us. We used everyone who came to this country as slaves, the Chinese, the Japanese, the Africans, and even the Native Americans. What right do we have?
What right do we have? I will tell you exactly what right it is that we have. We have the right to do what ever the hell that we want to because we live in a world of HYPOCRISY! Everything that the government tells us, everything that the government does is nothing short of a hypocricy.
One more thing; We recently had an “‘act of terrorism” in our nation. It put our whole nation on alert.
- “Why are they doing this to us?”
- “Who is doing this?”
- “What did we do to deserve this?”
- “I don’t understand why this is happening. Didn’t we help them out enough to owe us a great deal?”
Those are questions that have been asked by many people. My answers to all these questions are simple:
- They are doing this because they got fed up without BS and our terrorism on them. For hundreds of years, we have been terrorizing people of the world.
- The people who are doing this are the people who got enough guts to stand up to the United States. The United States thinks that it can get away with doing anything, which in reality, everyone is on to what it is doing. It is trying to convert everyone into the same thing. That is never going to happen.
- What did we do? Come one people. What history classes have you aced today? We have tormented so many groups of people; it is real surprising that we did not have this happen sooner.
- If you cant understand why this is happening, then go back to High School and retake all the history classes. Pay attention, and ask questions. Yes, we did help them out, but only after we took them over and tore their happy lives up. Everyone of the world was happy at one point in time, but now we are all pissed-off at one another because we can’t all get along.
Sound like hypocrisy to you? It does to me. Anyone who is reading this and disagrees, then it’s your loss not mine. I told you my thoughts, and I included back up information to it. Can you?